Maidens dominate second week of district play with wins over Dublin and Breckenridge

Ashley Jones and Emily Tindol recover from a dig.

Caden Jones, Editor

The Maiden volleyball team continues to remain undefeated in district play.

The team traveled to Dublin on Sept. 26 and defeated the Lady Lions in a close four-game series.

Comanche won the first of the four by seven points, lost the second by nine and then won the third and fourth by a mere two points each.

Senior outside hitter, Ashley Jones served 11 points, two aces, 13 digs, four kills and one assist.

“Many of us were off of our game last Tuesday, but then again, others performed very well,” Jones said. “Bad days are going to happen to everyone sooner or later. That’s why team sports are great, because if one person is not performing up to their normal standards, other players may have a great game and pick up the slack.”

Following their win against Dublin, Comanche kept their winning streak alive with a fairly easy win over the Breckenridge Lady Bucks the following Saturday.

Comanche won the first set 25-16, the second set 25-18 and the third set by a closer score of 25-22.

“We played very well against Breckenridge,” sophomore Chloe Williams said. “They really were not a bad team at all. We just performed very well, and with that, we had the ability to come on top.”

The Maidens hope to remain undefeated throughout the first round of district play in their upcoming games against Bangs and Early.

289total visits,2visits today