Fans Meet the Indians, Maidens

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fans Meet the Indians, Maidens

Jeb Kellems

Jeb Kellems

Jeb Kellems

Madelynn Welch, Reporter

Numerous fans showed up to Meet the Indians and Maidens on Monday, Aug. 27 at Indian Stadium. All junior high and high school cross country, volleyball, cheerleading, band, and football teams were introduced.

A large crowd was on hand and enjoyed cold watermelon and hot dogs while cheering on the students.

“I felt that it went pretty good; there was a big turnout from the community and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and had a good time,” senior running back and linebacker Zach Foster said.

The Indians will start their season Friday, Aug. 31 in Eastland. The Indians are back-to-back district champions so the bar has been set high for the team to defend that title.

Athletic director Stephen Hermesmeyer said the team’s goal is to win another district championship.

First year head volleyball coach, Kati Stewart and the Maidens will also look to repeat as district champions despite losing many seniors.

“I have been working to get to know the girls and to mesh together as a team,” head volleyball coach Kati Stewart said.

The Maidens first district game will be Tuesday, Sept. 11 at Brady.

“I would like to make it as far as we can in the playoffs,” senior Madie Brooks said.

The cross country team will have their first meet Wednesday, Aug 29, in San Saba.

Junior Gracy Schulte hopes to return to the Regional meet again this year and advance to state.

“I have to work hard and continue to improve my times,” Schulte said.