Cross country attends Priddy Meet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cross country attends Priddy Meet

Juan Hernandez and Marco Ramirez compete at the cross country meet in Priddy.

Carly Rodriguez, Reporter

The cross country teams attended a meet hosted by Priddy on Wednesday, Sept. 25. With district quickly approaching the Indians and Maidens are working to improve their times to see where they stack up against other competitive teams.

The varsity girls placed fourth overall with 90 points with three individuals placed in the top 20– Gracy Schulte (5th), Araceli Ramirez (9th), and Daniella Meras (20th).

“With Brownwood, Goldthwaite, and Meridian, it was nice to have some competition outside of our district,” Schulte said. “The top seven girls and I really competed for our spots during the race.”

The varsity boys’ team earned third place overall with a total of 66 points and four individuals placed in the top 20. Juan Hernandez placed 5th, Marco Ramirez was 9th Omero Arrendondo was 10th and Alex Rangel was 20th.

“It was a good meet,” Ramirez said. “Our team is doing good. We’re doing hard workouts  and we’re putting more effort into our workouts so we can get better.”

The JV girls placed fifth with a score of 98 points.

“I am getting faster, but I could have done better,” sophomore Mackenzie Foley said. “I am going to try and better myself at practice to improve my time for the next meet.”

The teams have one more non-district meet in Hamilton to get themselves familiar with the course  before they will be running it again during the district contest on Monday, Oct. 7.