Indians 1-1 in district play after win over Millsap

Junior+Logan+Wilkerson+carries+the+ball+for+the+Indians+in+the+their+win+over+Millsap.+Wilkerson+rushed+for+102+yards+on+18+carries.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Logan Wilkerson carries the ball for the Indians in the their win over Millsap. Wilkerson rushed for 102 yards on 18 carries.

Chloe Williams, Reporter

Comanche beat the Millsap Bulldogs, 24-3, on October 18 to go 1-1 in district play.

The game started off slow offensively for both teams and was tied 3-3 at the half. Comanche’s defense continued to impress only allowing the one field goal amd 45 yards of total offense in the first half.

In the second half the Indians came out strong scoring 21 points from junior Logan Wilkerson,  sophomore Luke Wilson, and senior Ricardo Sanchez.

“We started off really slow in the first half,” Wilkerson said. “After halftime, we came out strong and never let up.”

Currently, the Indians are in third place behind Jacksboro and Dublin who are both 2-0.  Those two teams will face off for first place in district 3A-6 this week. The Indians will travel to Rio Vista (0-2) for their third district game on Friday, Oct. 25.