Indians dominate Rio Vista Eagles

Comanche+Indians+are+2-1+in+district.+In+this+image%2C+Logan+Wilkerson+runs+the+ball+in+the+Indians%27+win+against+Millsap+earlier+this+season.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Indians dominate Rio Vista Eagles

Comanche Indians are 2-1 in district. In this image, Logan Wilkerson runs the ball in the Indians' win against Millsap earlier this season.

Chloe Williams, Reporter

The Indians are currently 2-1 in district after a road win against the Rio Vista Eagles, 46-14.

The Indians jumped on the Eagles early in the game and scored a total of 46 points.

Sophomore Hudson Welch completed three passes for a total of 46 yards with his longest being a 34 yard completion to senior Colton Davis.

“It felt good to catch the pass and run for 34 yards,” Davis said. “I feel like the Rio Vista game helped us grow more as a team through our victory.”

Once again, the Indians had multiple running backs earn yardage. Senior Braxton Patterson ran for 55 yards, while juniors Logan Wilkerson and Bryce Hermesmeyer gained 49 and 30 each, along with sophomore Luke Wilson who rushed for 43 more.

Defensively, junior Harrison Kolb deflected two passes.

“Defense wins championships,” Kolb said. “I felt like everyone played hard and we came together as a team. Defensively, we have been playing well as a team and I hope that continues.”

Next, the Indians will travel to Dublin looking for a win. Both teams are currently 2-1 in district and the winner will secure a spot in the playoffs.