Indians beat Tolar on senior night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Indians beat Tolar on senior night

Elizabeth Hancock, Reporter

The Indians solidified third place in district and another playoff trip with a 27-7 win over the Tolar Rattlers at home on senior night.

The Indians had 353 total yards of offense and held the Rattlers to only 124 total yards.

The leading rusher for Comanche was junior Bryce Hermesmeyer with 102 yards on the ground and one touchdown.

“That was probably my best game all year,” Hermesmeyer said. “I expect to be needed on defense more this week because City View’s offense is very athletic, so I might not have the opportunity to carry the ball that much this week.”

Juniors Harrison Kolb and Logan Wilkerson also contributed to the running game as well with 47 and 27 yards each.

“It felt good to get that win and I really played to the best of my ability,” Kolb said.

The Indians continued to share the wealth in their ground game, as junior Oscar Rios and senior Braxton Patterson each rushed for a touchdown as well.

On defense, sophomore RJ Pepper sacked the Rattler quarterback two times and junior Christian Holmes was the leading tackler with seven.

The Indians will travel to Mineral Wells  for the first round of the playoffs on Friday, Nov. 15 to take on the Wichita Falls City View Mustangs (8-2, 5-1).

The only team the Mustangs and Indians have faced in common is Jacksboro who defeated both teams. The Indians lost 8-16 and City View fell to Jacksboro, 35-41.

“We really need to look out for City View’s two wide receivers,” Kolb said. “They are really good and tend to score all their touchdowns.”

The Indians will be without senior Colton Davis who injured his knee near the end of the game against Tolar. Junior Logan Wilkerson is expected to be active for the game, despite a knee injury; sophomore Luke Wilson is also expected to be active after recovering from a concussion two weeks ago.

The game starts at 7 pm and the Indians will be the visitors.