Indians return four players from last year’s team

Chloe Williams, Reporter

This year, the Comanche Indian’s basketball program looks to improve on last season after failing to make the playoffs last season.

Juniors Taelon Sorrells, Cash Cook, and Bryce Hermesmeyer and one senior Ryan Stephens will be returning for the 2019-2020 season.

“I think we’ll be good this year,” Stepehens said.  “We have a lot of potential for shooting around the court.”

In addition, seniors John Gillam and Zeph Christian, juniors Jonathan Collins, Matthew Gonzales, Trent Odom, and Oscar Rios, as well as sophomore Hudson Welch and freshman Miguel Martinez will be joining the varsity team.

“We should be good this year,” Hermesmeyer said. “We have a lot of returners and more height than we’ve had in the past.  Our game plan this year looks to be strong.”

Head Coach Richard Pringle said that the main teams the Indians will be looking out for will be Eastland, Cisco, Dublin, and Early.

“I am very excited for this upcoming season,” Coach Pringle said. “We are going to have an athletic and hopefully exciting team to watch this year. The guys returning from last year will provide leadership to the newcomers.  We are going to play tough defense and hopefully increase our scoring average from last year as a team.  I have a lot of confidence that we can have a really good season.”